Chippewa/Luce/Mackinac Conservation District
2847 Ashmun Street
Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan 49783
Fax Number: 855-813-7692
The Chippewa Conservation District was established on June 27, 1949. On October 1, 1952 the Chippewa Conservation District took on the eastern half of Mackinac County to become the Chippewa East Mackinac Conservation District. In 2009 the District celebrated 60 years of service to the landowners of Chippewa and Mackinac Counties. In July of 2012, the Chippewa/East Mackinac Conservation District merged with the Luce/West Mackinac Conservation District to form the Chippewa/Luce/Mackinac Conservation District. The District now includes all of Chippewa, Luce and Mackinac Counties. Conservation Districts are local units of government consisting of a locally-elected board of directors with small staffs who help landowners and communities with managing their natural resources, including forests, farms, water bodies, and wetlands.